Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Bliss

As another year slowly makes its way into the history books, we find ourselves wishing that time would slow down even more. Today, I found myself looking back on this past year, all the changes that happened, the life choices that were made, and the relationships we made and lost. We also have made decisions of which of those we are thankful for.

Well, here is my list for this year. And still in time for it to still be Thanksgiving. Thirty minutes left in today, so here I go.

1) My best friends. Jason. Tabby. Elvis. Sara. Beth. Ryan. Daman. Chris. You guys are my rock. We've all had ups and downs this year. I'm sorry I haven't been able to make it to many of the BBQ's and late night fire drinking nights at everyone's house like I'd like to. New job is a bitch on the hours right now. But I'm and very, VERY thankful that you all are in my life all these years and still continue to do so. You all, yes, all, have been a blessing to me. Thank you.

2) My family. My mom, two sisters, and my Uncle. Our relationships have been strained over the years by words, actions, and just flat out stupidity. But we make it through, and this year has been our strongest. Today was by far, the best Thanksgiving I've ever had. And it was because we were all there, at the same time, laughing, playing and throwing pie in my sons face. Oh wait, that was just me. Oh well. Thank you.

3) My ex-girlfriend, Sophia. I don't know if she'll see this, maybe she will. But over the last three years you taught me a few things about myself that I never knew were a real problem. And alas, it took us breaking it off and going separate directions to really make me see that. I know you said yesterday that even if we both worked on ourselves and made it back together, that it wouldn't work. We just weren't right for each other. I agree. But that doesn't mean we didn't teach each other things about life and how to live it. I thank you for the last three years of my life, even if most of the time we didn't get along. I will always love you. Ashton will always love you. Good luck in Kansas City. Thank you for everything that you taught me.

4) My grandmother. Yesterday was her birthday. I miss you so much, and believe it or not, I still learn from you even though you're gone. Any time a financial decision comes up, I think of you first. I think about what you would say. Would you consider it a risk? Or would you consider it an opportunity? I still thank you almost every single day for the position you left me in. You once received a reward, that is still named after you, for being woman of the year in your profession, philately. Well, in my eyes, you're "Grandma of the year" every year. Thank you.

5) I'm thankful for my job. With so many people not having one, I'm truly blessed to be in a position (ie #4) to be able to do whatever I want to for work. Without having to live paycheck to paycheck. I'm thankful that I still get to have an impact in peoples lives. Teaching them. Motivating them. It truly gets to me when I reach someone, or I reach multiple people. I'm in it to win it. I give everything I have. Thank you.

6) My son, Ashton. You are the brightest light that shines within me. I am so lucky to have a wonderful boy that is my son, in you. You are smart beyond your years, which gets you in trouble sometimes, but I understand. =) You have lit up my life in more ways than you can ever, or will imagine. I'm glad I have you here everyday. I thank God that he gave you to me. As you taught me a thing or two as well. Thank you for being you.

7) My new friends. Kelly and Steve. Man, you guys are a riot. Kelly, I'm glad we found each other, even though we weren't really looking lol, and have hung out once again. You guys do know how to have a good time, and I can't wait for more opportunities to come about for us to grab them and see what happens. Thank you.

8) To be healthy. Yes, as much junk as I've eaten and things I've done to my body over the years, I'm still in pretty good shape. I'm thankful to have good genes (thanks mama) and to be still walking around without a thing wrong with me. Knocking on wood as we speak. Thank you to whomever I need to thank for that.

I know this isn't my usual rant, but there is a time and a place for that. This isn't it. So I wasn't really trying to be funny. Next time I will. I have a few ideas. =)

Until next time.

Johnny's Corner. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment